My little cousin is heading off to college in a few weeks so I’ve been trying to put together the perfect care package for him and his roommate to take to college. I can remember my first year of college where I finally got my first taste of freedom which meant ramen noodles for lunch and a pop tart for breakfast. I cherished the days when my mom would surprise me by bringing me down an actual home cooked meal and little care packages.
To make those first few weeks easier I put together a must-have hygiene items care package, because sometimes it’s the essentials that you forget to pack enough of. And if you’re looking for some inspiration there’s a round up of some fun care package ideas for all year round!
10 College Care Package Ideas
First you’ll want to get a basket or something like a shower caddy and fill it with your hygiene products, some of our favorites include:
– Schick® Razors
– Schick® Shaving Cream
– Body Wash
– Hair Brush- Toothbrush
– Hair Products
– Toilet Paper
What’s even better is when you can pick up your items for your package at a great price, look for deals and sales in ads. Back to school time always has the best sales, so stock up! I happened to come across a BOGO Schick® Printable Coupon that I was able to use at Rite Aid, so I could pick up extra packs of our Schick Hydro® 5 Razors for in the care packages! Print your BOGO Schick® Coupon here to use at Rite Aid, Walmart, and other mass retailers.
Besides surprising them the first week of college, here are some other fun ideas for care packages that you can use all year long! Click on the links for the tutorials.
- Mom’s Remedies Package – This is perfect to store all the must have items for when moms not around to make you feel better.
- Thanksgiving Care Package – This site has a ton of ideas for care packages, but I thought the Thanksgiving one was great for the students who don’t come home during the holiday.
- Finals Survivor Kit – I would have loved to get one of these to make the week a little less stressful!
- Birthday Care Package – In case you need to celebrate without actually being there. Fill it with some of their favorite things and some party supplies!
- First Week Care Package – Fill the envelopes with treats and a personal letter for the first week of school. They can open one letter each day along with a gift card or treat.
- Money Care Package – Because what college student wouldn’t love to get this?
- Athlete Care Package – Perfect for the athlete and includes a free printable tag.
- Freshman Year Survival Kit – For all the stuff they didn’t know they needed!
Have you sent any care packages for a college student? What did you include?
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Schick®. The opinions and text are all mine.