Those first few weeks with your newborn are exhausting to say the least. You’re both getting to know each other, you’re learning how to breastfeed, and how to function on two hours of sleep. What’s amazing about becoming a new mom is that you start off having no clue what you’re doing but very soon you become something of an expert. It’s a huge learning curve but it’s quite incredible how quickly you get the hang of it. It’s all about getting to know your new baby and what works for him or her. But to make the transition a little smoother we’re sharing some of our favorite baby hacks to make that first year a little less stressful for you!
12 Genius Baby Hacks To Make Your Life Easier
This post contains affiliate links. Please see my disclosure policy.
1.DIY No-Sew Teething Guard – This inexpensive project saves your crib railing and your babies new teeth from chewing on the railing. We made this for both kids and it worked like a charm!
2. Baby Onesie Trick – The genius reason why baby onesies have an overlapped collar!
3. DIY Breastmilk Popsicles – These easy to make popsicles are perfect for teething babies!
4. DIY Baby Leg Warmers – Grab a pair of tube socks and make these super cute baby leg warmers.
5. Ikea Co-Sleeper Hack – I wish I had seen this when my kids we’re smaller. This would have helped a lot of sleepless nights.
6. DIY Hands Free Breast Pump Bra – This is great for those breastfeeding moms that don’t want to splurge on a new bra. Grab an old sports bra and some scissors and your good to go!
8. Use a hot glue gun to glue the holes of your child’s bath toys so that mold doesn’t grow inside it.
9. Diaper Color Line – I actually didn’t know this till my first child was about 3 months. The easy way to tell if your child’s diaper needs changed!
10. Place a command hook on the back of the high chair to store all of the bibs.
12. Cleaning Sippy Cups – Some places in those sippy cups are impossible to reach, using a q-tip is absolutely genius!
13. Start a baby registry and receive a free welcome kit. This deal is exclusive to Prime customers which you can sign up here for the Amazon Prime 30-Day Free Trial To redeem, create a baby registry and use the “Jumpstart” feature to add items to the baby registry, then purchase at least $10 of those items. Once those purchases are shipped, you’ll be able to add this welcome box to your cart for free.
14. Turn any standard water bottle into a sippy cup with the Green Sprouts Water Bottle Adapter.
15. Diapers.com is the premier online destination for parents. It’s a one-stop shop for babies, designed completely for you. It’s the perfect go-to site for baby essentials and specialty pieces – including clothing and shoes, strollers and car seats, toys and books, baby food and feeding accessories, and, of course, diapers and wipes. Here’s a list of some of the perfect gifts for mom (and baby!).
You may also like: