It’s after the holidays and I have a pile of cardboard boxes that have taken over my house because I tend to hoard them to make fun forts with the kids. In fact, the most popular present my kids received this year was a cardboard pirate ship from a company called Box Creations. We usually order the kids one every year and they last for months but I also reinforce the edges with some heavy duty duct tape. However, if your not looking to spend the money and rather make one yourself I’ve rounded up some ideas from around the web for repurposing those boxes into fun projects for the kids!
15 Cardboard Box Projects For Kids
Click the links to see full instructions for each idea.
- Big Box Lego Town – From Picklebums
2. Cardboard Mailbox – From ikat bag
3. Train Tunnels – From Celebrate Every Day With Me
4. Pretend Play Hair Salon – From Childhood 101
5. Cardboard Castle – From Impressed Inc.
6. Hot Wheels Car Garage With Ramps – From Frugal Fun 4 Boys
7. Cardboard Train – From Sean Walker Photography
8. Drive In Movie Cars – From Not Just A Housewife
9. Cardboard Slide – From The Contemplative Creative
10. Light Cave – From Kendall Rayburn
11. DIY Rocket Ship – From Lemon Lime Adventures
12. DIY Cardboard Easel – From Art Bar Blog
13. TV – From Petit and Small
14. Food Truck – From Estefi Machado
15. Cardboard Skeeball – From Beau Baby