This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Sam’s Club. The opinions and text are all mine.
Green bean casserole is always a popular recipe, especially on the holidays. This is easiest and tastiest recipe to pair with your turkey dinner and you can whip it up in less than an hour!
Whether you’re hosting Thanksgiving with just a few friends or you’ve invited the whole family, the best way to make sure your guests enjoy themselves is to enjoy yourself—a relaxed, and happy host makes guests feel welcome. Which is why I’m sharing some of my favorite Thanksgiving shortcuts to help you plan your holiday party like a pro. The first is one of my favorite and easy go-to sides Green Bean Casserole. We always save money too when making this by buying our vegetables in bulk with our Sam’s Club membership. I always have to triple this recipe because there are never any left overs.
1 (10.75 ounce) can of cream of celery soup
1/4 Cup milk
1/8 teaspoon pepper
2 (14 ounce) cans of cut green beans, drained
1 1/3 cup French Fried Onions
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl, combine your soup, milk, and pepper.
- Next fold in your green beans and 2/3 cup of fried onions.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle on the remaining fried onions.
- Bake for 5-10 more minutes or until the onions are golden brown.
Done. I wasn’t kidding. It’s that easy.
When it comes to holiday side dishes my go-to’s are always easy meals that involve little prep. Who wants to spend loads of time making sides and a turkey when you have family over. That’s why I like to do shortcuts when it comes to my sides for Thanksgiving. So I may have 9 items on my Thanksgiving menu but only 4 of those are homemade or made from scratch while the others are shortcuts. Some ideas for shortcuts when it comes to planning your sides are:
- Buying prepped vegetables
- Buy pre-made pie crusts or fresh pies from the bakery. We love to grab ours from Sam’s Club because they always have a ton of choices pumpkin cheesecake, pumpkin pie, and fresh made apple pies to name just a few I spotted over the weekend.
- Pick up fresh rolls from your local Sam’s Club bakery.
- Spice up a good quality stuffing mix instead of making the dish from scratch.
- Sam’s Club also offers a variety of sides that are already pre-made. These are great to pick up the day before so all you have to do is heat it up the next day.
If you enter your email here you can sign up for an exclusive email offer for a Sam’s Club membership.
To give you some other shortcut ideas check out Chef Robert Irvine, host of Food Network’s Restaurant: Impossible Ambush as he ambushes an unsuspecting Sam’s Club member to help solve problems and party plan like a pro. In this video, Robert and the Sam’s Club meat cutter show us that you don’t need a turkey for unforgettable meal that impresses, especially if this is your first time hosting.
And from 10/22 – 12/31/15 you can enter to win the Party Planning Like A Pro Sweepstakes here. Prizes include the following:
Grand Prize (1 winner) – $500 gift card and 1 year Plus membership ($100)
1st Place (5 winners) – 1 year Prime membership ($100)
2nd Place (5 winners) – Wolfgang Puck 10 piece Stainless Steel Mixing Bowl Set ($29.99)
3rd Place (10 winners) –Kitchen Aid 3pc Chef Knife Set ($15.98)
You can enter once a day through December 31st.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Open to legal residents of the 50 United States and D.C., 21 years or older. Ends 12/31/15. To enter and for complete details and odds, visit www.foodnetwork.com/party.
What are your favorite go-to Thanksgiving sides?
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Sam’ Club. The opinions and text are all mine.