Using dry rice and food coloring to dye eggs is such a fun and simple mess free way to create bright and beautiful speckled Easter eggs. Using just a a few supplies you can create these bold designs in just minutes! Use Tupperware containers or ziplock bags for no mess and quick clean up!
How To Dye Easter Eggs With Dry Rice And Food Coloring
- 1 Dozen Hardboiled Eggs
- 6 Cups White Rice
- Food Coloring (6 assorted colors)
- 6 Sandwich Size Baggies
1. Place one cup of rice into each baggie and add 7-8 drops of food coloring into each one.
2. Close bag and squish the rice around so all the color mixes in well.
3. Open up and place 1 hardboiled egg inside. Close bag and shake the bag around until you have your desired color.
4. Repeat step 2 until all the eggs are colored. Have fun mixing two or three colors or make a fun rainbow egg with all the colors.
5. Place back in carton or on paper towels to dry and store in refrigerator.
Make sure to follow I Heart Arts n Crafts on Facebook and Pinterest! And if you decide to make any of my crafts, please share them on my Facebook page or use #iheartartsncrafts on Instagram for me to see!
Pin it to save for later: