Here is a quick summer treat for the kids that you can whip up in no time! They’re even great for family cookouts, and if you plan on using these for a Fourth of July get together just add some red, white, and blue sprinkles!
Mini Ice Cream Cookie Sandwiches Recipe
- mini chocolate chip refrigerated cookie dough
- 1.5 quarts of ice cream (flavor of your choice)
- sprinkles, mini chocolate chips, etc.
- wax paper
- round cookie cutters
1. Let ice cream soften at room temperature for 10-15 minutes. Line a 13×9 cookie sheet (with sides) with wax paper. Once ice cream is softened, scoop it onto the cookie sheet and spread it out evenly. Place the cookie sheet in the freezer and let freeze for at least 2 hours.
2. Bake cookies according to package directions. Cool completely.
3. Pair up cookies with ones of similar size and shape and set aside on another wax paper lined cookie sheet.
4. Place sprinkles in a bowl.
5. Remove the cookie sheet of ice cream from the freezer and using a round cookie cutter that is the same size (or a tad bit larger) as the cookies, cut out circles from the sheet of ice cream.
6. Using the pairs of cookies you set aside, place one ice cream circle on the bottom side of one of the cookies from the pair and then place the other cookie on top (with the bottom of the cookie against the ice cream). Dip the sides of the cookie sandwiches into the bowl of sprinkles until all of the ice cream is coated with sprinkles. Place assembled cookie back on the cookie sheet with wax paper. Repeat until you have cut out as many ice cream circles as you can. Work quickly so the ice cream doesn’t melt too much, and/or have someone to help you.
7. Place the assembled cookies back into the freezer for two hours before serving. Serve immediately upon removing from freezer.
Make sure to follow I Heart Arts n Crafts on Facebook and Pinterest! And if you decide to make any of my crafts, please share them on my Facebook page or use #iheartartsncrafts on Instagram for me to see!
Pin it to save for later: