These Rainbow Candy Skewers Snacks make the cutest party snacks, St. Patricks Day treat, or for a weather unit at preschool. Using just a few supplies you can whip these fun treats up in no time.
These rainbow treats take about 12 minutes to make. You’ll need bamboo skewers, kitchen shears, wax paper, mini and regular marshmallows, and Sweetarts Ropes.
Rainbow Candy Skewer Snacks
Time: 12-15 Minutes
Servings: 8 skewers
- 12” bamboo skewers
- Kitchen Shears
- Wax or parchment paper
- Miniature marshmallows
- Regular sized marshmallows
- Sweetarts Ropes, Twisted Rainbow punch- 8 count ropes
- Using kitchen shears, cut 4 bamboo skewers in half. The edges can sometimes be a little rough, so make sure to trim any excess pieces, and try to smooth the ends with your fingers, as you don’t want any pieces coming off in the marshmallows.
- Take one skewer half and put a miniature marshmallow approximately 1” from the end. Next, add a regular marshmallow, keeping the marshmallow in a vertical position. Then add another miniature marshmallow, and push it over until all three marshmallows are on the skewer, with little or no skewer showing.
- Next, push the skewer through a rainbow rope, making sure the rope hangs a little bit lower than the marshmallows. This will allow the “rainbow” to stand up for serving. Bend the rainbow rope, and push the skewer through the other end of the rope, creating an arch.
- Repeat step 2, adding marshmallows on the other end of the skewer.
- When you’re ready to serve, you can either serve the rainbows standing up, or lying down. These are best served immediately, as the marshmallows harden once they set out. You could make them a day ahead, but be sure to keep them stored in an airtight container.
– If you have difficulty finding the Sweetart Rainbow Ropes, you could substitute AirHead Xtremes Rainbow Berry Belts. These are usually at most grocery stores and some gas stations.
– Keep some baby wipes handy while assembling these, as your hands can
get rather sticky.