Whip up your own quick homemade no cook playdough, that’s so much better than the store bought stuff! Easy, with only 5 ingredients and quick with only a little mixing time! You should have all the ingredients on hand for this fun recipe!
How To Make Easy No Cook Playdough
This post contains affiliate links. Please see my disclosure policy.
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- 1 Cup Flour
- ½ Cup Salt
- ½ Cup Water
- 2 tsp Vegetable Oil
- ½ tsp Food Coloring
- Mix together the salt and flour in a mixing bowl.
- Add the food coloring to the water and mix them well. Then add the colored mixture to the flour mixture, along with the oil
- Stir together the ingredients (hands work very well for this). Keep mixing, folding, and kneading the dough until it reaches playdough consistency!
- Make a few more colors and enjoy!
- If the dough feels a little tacky, just sprinkle on a tsp more flour until the desired consistency is reached.
- Mixing the food coloring in the water helps to really even the color out in the dough. It really speeds the process up. If not, kneading time will go up about x4. Makes a more even color tone as well.
- A great place to store this dough is in ziplock baggies or containers with airtight lids.
- If stored correctly, this playdough lasts a long time.
- I noticed after storing it for the first night, it needed a touch more flour as it seemed to get tackier, but was perfect after that.
- Any oil is fine to use.
- I would use gel colors for a brighter dye look.