I learned before I even gave birth to my son that nothing goes as planned when it come’s to having kids. I read every baby book I could get my hands on and had my birth plan ready to go at 5 months. I thought I knew everything I needed to know. Sure, I knew how to change a diaper and swaddle a baby, but when it came to the bigger stuff like breastfeeding or managing my postpartum hormones and emotions I was most definitely clueless.
Now, four years and two kids later there are a few things that I wish I knew when I became a new mom. Today I’m partnering with Pampers and Babies R Us to share with you my tips for Mom’s First 100 Days with baby.
12 Tips For Mom’s First 100 Days With Baby
- Motherhood is a never-ending learning experience because children never stop growing or changing. No parent has this figured out, so trust yourself and do what’s best for you and your baby. Motherhood comes with this strength and intuitiveness that you never knew you had.
- The most effective way to remove those pesky baby stains from clothes without irritating baby’s sensitive skin is to soak them with Dreft Stain Remover as soon as you see the stain. Then soak it in cold water overnight and wash it in the morning.
- It’s Okay If You Don’t Breastfeed … or Even If You Do. Sometimes things are outside of your control, you may not produce enough milk or there could be health issues. I planned on breastfeeding and was able to for 3 months but I had complications due to my son having a feeding tube. Even if you have struggles (or can’t breastfeed), it doesn’t make you any less of an amazing mom.
- Seize the moment. Amidst the seemingly endless nights of crying babies and sleep deprivation, try to remember that these precious gifts are only little once. So take it all in, momma…enjoy every moment…for soon it will be but a fleeting memory.
- Your body will be different. Your body just helped bring a child into this world, so don’t be so hard on yourself.
- Stock up on the essentials like diapers, baby wipes, baby shampoo, etc. Always make sure you’re on the mailing lists for your favorite stores so that you can receive the latest updates in sales and promotions. Right now you can get $8 off a value box of Pampers at Babies”R”Us, and 2 for $12 Pampers 3X wipes! Offer is valid 3/1-3/31, which is a great deal to stock up on!
- Always carry an extra change of clothes. I learned this one the hard way. After the first accident we kept a Dreft pen in our diaper bag for emergencies!
- Pack ‘n play’s and vibrating seats are lifesavors!
- Track your baby’s feeding and diapers. You’ll be tracking how often your baby feeds and at what time. You’ll also be keeping track of dirty diapers. An easy way to keep track is with the wetness indicator on Pampers Swaddlers.
- Take time for yourself. When others offer help, take them up on it. Use that time to pamper yourself or let’s face it, take a nap. Making time for you is not an indulgence, it’s a necessity.
- There’s no such thing as spoiling a baby.
- You can never take too many pictures! Make sure to include mommy and daddy in on the pictures too! Don’t miss all of the special milestones, birthdays, and holidays in your baby’s life.
Babies“R”Us is here to celebrate all your milestones and offers the best solutions you need for all your celebrations! That’s why all Babies“R”Us stores across the country are hosting a “Baby’s First Easter” event on March 19th at 11am-12pm. Bring your baby in a cute Easter outfit and enjoy activities, giveaways and photo-ops, too! Activities include story time, learning how to build the perfect Easter basket for your baby, some photo-prop fun and making your own Easter keepsake with baby to bring home. Enjoy your time meeting with other parents and their babies, and have the chance to win fun raffles throughout the event.
Plus, if you’re looking for adorable Easter apparel for our little one Easter apparel is on sale throughout the month of March at Babies “R” Us:
25% off selected Koala Baby & Koala Kids clothing (offer valid 3/1-3/31)
ALL Koala Kids Easter themed clothing and accessories for girls and boys 0-18 months on sale (offer valid 3/1-3/31)
For more tips and tricks for Mom’s First 100 Days with baby, click here.
Win a Babies “R” Us Prize Pack! The giveaway will run from Monday March 14th, 2016 through Monday March 21st, 2016 and is open to US only. And for more chances to win don’t miss the Babies “R” Us Twitter party on March 15 at 2pm ET using the hashtag #BRUEaster that will talk about all the fun ways we plan on celebrating Easter with our little ones! Best of luck!
$50 Babies”R”Us Gift Card, Dreft Pen, Pack of Pampers Wipes, and Melissa & Doug Brenna Plush Bunny.
What’s your favorite advice for new moms?
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Babies “R” Us/P&G/Pampers. The opinions and text are all mine.