Make these simple Clothespin Christmas Tree Ornaments in just a few simple steps. The kids can be as creative as they like while decorating their trees!
My kids and I have a tradition where we make ornaments every year for our tree. Our Christmas tree is filled with all homemade ornaments and the kids love going through every single one every year when we decorate our tree. These clothespin Christmas tree ornaments are the perfect addition to your families craft to-do list this season. They’re simple to do and perfect for any age.
How To Make A Clothespin Christmas Tree Ornament
Twine or Ribbon.
1. Twist the clothespins to remove the metal portion.
2. Glue two pieces of the clothespin together. Flat side to flat side.
3. Glue two of the clothespins that have been glued together to each other. Glue the flat parts together creating a v type shape. Refer to the photo.
4. Glue two pieces of clothespin on each side. Flat side facing out. Refer to the photo.
5. Paint the clothespins and allow them to dry completely.
Glue the pipe cleaners onto the trees.
Glue a star to the top of the tree.
Decorate the tree by gluing colorful mini pom poms all over it. You could also use sequins, buttons, beads etc.
Turn over and glue twine or ribbon on the back to hang on tree.
Your clothespin Christmas trees are done! These make great gifts for family members. The kids will have a blast making these and wrapping them up.
Love this activity? Make sure to pin it and follow my Christmas Crafts and Family Fun board on Pinterest for more fun crafts and activities