This Craft Stick Sugar Plum Fairy Ornament is the cutest addition for your Christmas tree! You can do this as an ornament or opt out of adding the ribbon and just use this as a fun holiday craft. Either way your kids will love this! Impact-Site-Verification: 6ad790b4-6b4a-4890-a5b1-0acb16655343
What You Need To Make Popsicle Stick Sugar Plum Fairies
Pastel purple, pastel pink, light brown, and black acrylic paint
Pastel purple and pink tulle
Silver pipe cleaners
Light yellow and black felt
White craft glue
Extra fine tip paint brush
Angled paint brush
Hot glue/hot glue gun
How To Make Fairies Out of Craft Sticks
1. Place 2 craft sticks side by side by carefully hot glue a small rectangle of felt to the back to make them stick together.
2. Repeat this step with 2 more craft sticks and then glue 1 set on top of the other set about halfway down.
3. Paint the dress and slippers of the Sugar Plum Fairy using a pastel colored paint.
4. For an African American Fairy or, paint the remaining craft stick a light brown color.
5. Cut a strip of tulle about 6” x 5”, fold in half 2-3 times and carefully hot glue on the bottom of the painted dress, pleating the tulle as you fold and glue. Glue the ends of the tulle to the back of the fairy and cut off any excess tulle if needed
6. Cut another piece of tulle about 3” x 4” and glue it on top of the tulle skirt. Cut the bottom into points.
7. Fold a pipe cleaner into two loops, one slightly smaller than the first and cut off any excess pipe cleaner. Repeat this step once more.
8. Carefully hot glue the Sugar Plum Fairy wings onto the back of the fairy’s dress.
9. Cut a nickel sized piece of felt for the hair, cut the nickel in half and carefully glue each piece at an opposite angle for three hair of the fairy.
10. Cut another tiny piece of felt for the bun of the hair and carefully glue it on top of the felt hair like pictured.
11. Use a fine tip paintbrush and black paint to paint eyes with eyelashes onto the fairy’s face.
12. Use a silver sharpie to paint laces onto the slippers and to outline the tip of the dress.
13. Use the tip of your finger to spread glue onto the dress, sprinkle glitter on top, shake off over the trash and let the fairy dry.
14. Attach ribbon on the back with glue so you can display on your Christmas tree!