This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Stride Rite for IZEA. All opinions are 100% mine.
I wish I had my kids energy in the morning, actually I wish I had their energy all day. All toddlers are naturally on the go 24/7, their world around them is growing and they’re exploring it. With summer finally here it’s time to take that energy outside for some family fun! Although I love the summer festivals, zoo trips, and amusement parks but I wanted to think of a few fun and frugal ideas that we could do all summer long without breaking the bank.
Here are some of our favorite options for FREE summer activities for toddlers!
1. Treasure Hunt – One of my kids favorite activities, we reuse our diaper wipes containers for this. Place some small toys and/or snacks in the container and hide them in your backyard. Next we draw up a fun map or even an obstacle course that the kids have to do to find their treasure!
2. Free Movies – In our area we have what they call ‘ Movies in the Park’ during the summer where at the local park they will feature a kids movie for the night where families can go for free to watch along the river. If they don’t offer anything like this in your area most cinema’s offer a discounted day during the week where the admission is half off.
3. Ice Blocks – Grab some of the kids toys, we use some of those plastic toy dinosaurs or toy cars and put them in a large container that will fit in your freezer. Fill with water and freeze. The kids have a blast afterwards chiseling all of their toys out on the hot summer days!
4. Splash Park or Local Beach – Visit a local beach or if you’re like me and don’t live near one most places have local splash parks that are free.
5. Scavenger Hunt – This can be used with anything like bugs, noises, or even a shape scavenger hunt. If you prefer to have one already made, Pinterest offers tons of options.
6. Glow In The Dark Fun – Play flashlight tag or put some glow sticks in two liter bottles with water and use those as bowling pins for outdoor glow bowling!
7. Visit a New Playground – We have a ton of local playgrounds around us but one weekend my husband and I wanted to switch things up and started looking for some new playgrounds to check out. And when we did some research we were amazed at what was actually available near us that was free! If you’re in or around the Pittsburgh area this site lists a ton of amazing activities that are free or under $20 to do this summer, the list includes a ton of awesome playground and splash parks. So try visiting a new playground and make a day out of it and pack a picnic!
With active toddlers you need to make sure that you’ve got them in the right pair of shoes, which is why we love Stride Rite for our kids growing feet. Stride Rite has been making top quality children’s shoes since 1919 and their legacy continues. Stride Rite offers a variety of styles and cover little feet of all ages from baby, toddler, and children’s sizes. My favorite line from Stride Rite is the Made 2 Play Collection.
Now what makes the Made 2 Play line perfect for your active toddlers is that these shoes are machine washable, I’ve washed ours once a week and they’re still like new, even after being covered in dirt and mud from the playground! They also feature an anti-stink lining, dirt-shedding soles, and a memory foam insole keeping them comfy. And for the kids at this age that like to dress themselves, the shoes have a grip & go strap making it easy for little ones to dress themselves.
The Made 2 Play line is available in a ton of super stylish options from sneakers, sandals, and mary janes. You can browse the Stride Rite Made 2 Play for boys and Stride Rite Made 2 Play for girls. My son is wearing the Finn style in images above and we just ordered my daughter the Myra sneaker below! I love the fun and vibrant colors!
I’m so excited to share with you a special offer for my I Heart Arts n Crafts readers! From now until June 30th you can save 20% off your order by using our exclusive code: ARTS20. You can purchase Stride Rite shoes online or at local retail stores, use the store locator to find a store near you!
Make sure to follow Stride Rite on Facebook and Instagram so you don’t miss new styles and offers!