The holidays are over which means my house is a total mess! From hosting holiday parties and all of the new gifts that I still have to make room for I haven’t had much of a chance to catch a break let alone give my house a good deep cleaning. So while I still have surprise guests popping in and out and two kids to constantly clean up after I like to follow this easy How To Speed Clean Your House checklist, to get my house cleaned in 40 minutes. 1. CLEAN AS YOU GO I try to do this as much as I can because it saves me so much time. For instance after I get a shower I like to make sure I wipe down the glass doors, or wiping out the sink after your brush your teeth, or actually putting away the clothes after you’ve got them out of the dryer and folded them (this one is tough for me to do!).
2. SET A TIMER This is a great way to eliminate any distractions, like checking on your phone or looking at Facebook. You can set a time for so long for each room to motivate you to clean quickly. And a plus is if you get the kids to join in on this they like to think of it as a game!
3. QUICK DECLUTTER If you know you have company coming over in just minutes collect any items on the counter or toys out of place and put them out of sight until your company leaves and then organize everything.
4. SWEEP OR VACUUM If your a mother or even have animals chances are there’s a room that will need sweeping. I usually always have to do the living room once or twice a day. At least vacuum the room that needs it the most like the living room or family room where our guest may be while they’ve visiting.
5. STOCK SUPPLIES IN CONVIENET LOCATION I like to keep my cleaning supplies in a caddy under the sink and some in the bathroom. My must-have for my caddy tool are the Clorox® Disinfecting Wipes with Micro-Scrubbers. These wipes are textured so they not only wipe out germs, dirt and grease, they also scour away stubborn messes that other wipes leave behind. So I can clean and disinfect in one easy step. Just wipe and go!
Start stocking up on your supplies and get 10% off your Clorox® Disinfecting Wipes with Micro-Scrubbers by using the Target Cartwheel App. available at Target 6. WIPE SURFACES I use our Clorox® Disinfecting Wipes with Micro-Scrubbers to wipe down just about everything. Because of the scrubby texture to handle through tough messes they are ideal to use on floors for quick clean ups, countertops, appliances, sinks, and many other surfaces. And especially with kids I like to know that I’m not only cleaning but disinfecting as I go, and with Clorox® Disinfecting Wipes with Micro-Scrubbers they:
- Kills 99.9% of germs that can live on surfaces for up to 48 hours
- Kills 99.9% of Viruses* and Bacteria
- Kills Staph†, E.Coli‡, Salmonella§, Strep**
*Human Coronavirus, Influenza A2 Virus; †Staphylococcus aureus; ‡Escherichia coli O157:H7; §Salmonella enterica; **Streptococcus pyogenes 7. QUICK BATHROOM CLEAN Take your Clorox® Disinfecting Wipes with Micro-Scrubbers and do a quick wipe down of your sink to get rid of the soap scum around the drain, wipe the faucet, sides of the sink, and the counter. Replace your hand towel with a new clean one. Take your disinfecting wipe and wipe down toilet set and the base of the toilet.
8. LAUNDRY And finally throw in a load of dirty laundry!
What are some of your favorite speed cleaning tips?