One meal that my kids are guaranteed to eat is pizza, their favorite way to eat it though is with crescents using this yummy Crescent Pizza Roll Up recipe. Last year I came up with a little twist to the recipe to fit the holiday, using just 4 ingredients I made Jack O’ Lantern Pizza Pockets. We made our yearly visit to the pumpkin patch and I surprised the kids with these treats after we finished carving our pumpkins. They were a total hit and they’ve already started asking for them this year. They’re perfect with a side of warm marinara sauce for dipping!
Because these are easy to whip up they’re great for a quick lunch for the kids, or you can make a ton and serve them for your next Halloween party. If you want to be really brave you can even experiment with the fillings and try out something different besides pizza!
To make these Jack O’ Lantern Pizza Pockets you’ll need to visit your nearest Walmart and purchase a couple cans of Pillsbury Crescents®. Each can made 4 pizza rolls, we used the extra crescent dough leftover and rolled it out to make a few more.
- 1 package of Pillsbury Crescents®
- Pizza Sauce
- Mozzarella Cheese
- Parmesan Cheese (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375*.
- Open of your can of Pillsbury Crescents® and unroll the dough.
- Roll out your dough with a rolling pin so that the seams disappear.
- Press your Jack O’ Lantern cookie cutter onto the dough. Do this as many times as you can until you run out of dough.
- You’ll have two shapes for each pizza pocket, so use one shape for the face and one for the pizza ingredients.
- Take one Jack O’ Lantern shape and using a small knife cut out your shapes for the eyes and mouth.
- Take a second Jack O’ Lantern shape and spread 1 TB of pizza sauce on it and then top your cheese.
- Next place the Jack O’ Lantern face on top of your pizza you just made and press the sides to seal. You can also do this step with a fork.
- (Optional) Top with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 13 – 15 mins until golden brown.
I hope your family enjoys them as much as mine!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Pillsbury. The opinions and text are all mine.