Looking for an easy and delicious Valentine’s Day recipe? This week we made these adorable Love Struck Krispies Treats, they were simple enough for my toddler to help out with in the kitchen while we made a batch to surprise his dad with.
To make these treats extra special we stopped at our local Wal-Mart and picked up some of these Valentine themed baking items by Bakery Crafts, found in the seasonal aisle. The candy hearts were the perfect touch to the Love Struck treats and we made a few of the regular krispies treat bars and topped with them with the colorful Valentine’s Day decoration kit that included a “Love” banner and two heart shaped picks, that you’ll see on the finished product at the end of this post!
Love Struck Rice Krispies Heart Treats
- 4 Tablespoons of butter
- 1 (10-ounce) package regular marshmallows
- 6 cups crisp rice cereal
- 12 ounces semisweet baking chocolate
- Valentine’s Sprinkles
- Candy Hearts
For the arrow:
- Washi Tape
1. Butter a 9 x 13 inch pan and set it aside.
2. Melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add in the marshmallows and stir until they’re melted. Next, remove the mixture from heat and stir in the rice krispies. Pour the mixture into the buttered pan and let it cool for an hour or so.
3. When the rice krispie treats are cooled, press your 2 inch heart cookie cutters into the pan. Remove the heart shaped treats onto wax paper. 4. Next melt your chocolate according to the directions on the package. I placed ours in a small baggie and cut the corner to make drizzling the chocolate easier. 5. Drizzle your melted chocolate, add your sprinkles and your candy hearts. 6. Optional: Insert a paper straw into the bottom of your hearts.
To make the arrow:
Simple take your toothpick and washi tape, cover one end of the toothpick with the tape and cut it into the shape of an arrow or the end of the the arrow and insert it into your heart.
Find out more about Bakery Crafts and their products!