These adorable little turkeys are assembled with store bought candy and packaged icing. They also make such a fun activity for kids around the holiday!
These Thanksgiving turkeys assemble together pretty quickly and they turn out so cute! They’re the perfect addition to your Thanksgiving meal as a little sweet snack. You also wrap them with Saran Wrap if you’d like to gift them for treats for school or family.
How To Make Reese’s Candy Turkey
- Regular sized Reese’s Cups
- Snack sized Reese’s Cups
- Reese’s Pieces
- Decorator’s icing
- Candy eyes
- Unwrap a regular sized Reese’s Cup, and lay it facing up on a flat surface.
- Apply a dab of decorator’s icing to the bottom of a snack-sized Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup.
- Press the smaller Reese’s Cup with the icing on the bottom of it onto the top of regular sized Reese’s cup, near the bottom. The smaller candy will be the head of the turkey, and the larger will be its body.
- Place some black icing on the back of two candy eyes, and apply them to the top of the smaller Reese’s cup.
- Using a knife, carefully cut an orange Reese’s Pieces in half. Apply some black icing to one half of the Reese’s Pieces, and press it onto the front of the small peanut butter cup, under the candy eyes.
- Place some black icing onto the back of individual Reese’s Pieces, and apply them alternating colors to along the outer edge of the larger Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup, these will be the feathers of your turkey.
- Allow the candy turkeys to set in the freezer for 5-10 minutes before serving.