I hate to admit it, but I am one of the most unorganized people ever. My lack of organizational skills only got worse once I had children. Now a mother of two I rely on my iphone to help me keep up with my families busy schedules. From apps that have helped me budget, create my grocery lists, couponing, storing pictures, and even a few educational apps that I save for situations like waiting at the doctors office. I’ve rounded up some of my favorites that I use on a daily basis:
This post contains affiliate links. Please see my disclosure policy.
1. Car Puzzle Game for Kids – This is most definitely my favorite app when it comes to distracting my kids while I tidy up a little or when I need them to calm down. Also, puzzle games are great for developing your child’s fine motor skills, logical thinking, and hand-eye coordination. Most other puzzle games I’ve tried don’t hold my kid’s attention for as long as this one did either. Plus they offer all the levels for free unlike most other similar apps.
Get it for Android – Cars Puzzle Game for Toddlers
Get it for Amazon – Cars Puzzle Game for Toddlers
2. Ibotta – Better than Coupons. – This is a great rebate app that you can use with most of your favorite stores. You can upload your receipt of your purchase with the qualifying product and earn cash or gift card rewards!
Get it for IOS – Ibotta – Cash, Not Coupons – Ibotta, Inc.
Get it for Android – Ibotta – Better than Coupons.‘
3. Agnitus.com – I love this ciriculum based educational app.The app provides a personalized learning experience for your child based on their ability, by automatically adjusting the games according to their level. This is my go-to app for when we are waiting at doctors offices, my son loves the educational games on here. And I can track his progress with the reports from a weekly email that Agnitus sends to the parents with the child’s report card. There’s a free trial to try out the app with your child to see if you like it!
Get it for IOS – Kids Learning Companion – Agnitus
Get it for Android – Agnitus.com
4. Mom Maps – Mom Maps helps you find fun, kid-friendly locations on the go. This is great for if you are out of town visiting or for a family vacation! You can search from a list of parks, playgrounds, restaurants, museums and indoor play areas, as well as reviews by parents, for parents.
Get it for IOS – Mom Maps – New Media Parents, Inc.
Get it for Android – Mom Maps
5. Home Budget Manager – You can create your budget, set up multiple accounts and get several different reports. I love how easy this app is to navigate and you can sync with other phones including both Android and IOS.
Get it for Android – Home Budget Manager
6. ChoreMonster – This is a fun chore app that the kids will love! Kids earn points by completing chores to use towards rewards like an hour of video games or a camping trip.
Get it for IOS – ChoreMonster: make chores fun for kids! – ChoreMonster
Get it for Android – Chore Monster
7. Evernote – Evernote lets you take notes, capture photos, create to-do lists, record voice reminders–and makes these notes completely searchable.
Get it for IOS – Evernote – Evernote
Get it for Android – Evernote
8. ZipList Shopping List, Grocery List & Recipes – With this app you can save all of your recipes into your recipe box and then customize or add ingredients to your list. It also automatically groups the items on your grocery list so that they are arranged based on where you would find them in the store!
Get it for IOS – ZipList Grocery List, Shopping List & Recipes – ZipList, Inc.
Get it for Android – ZipList Shopping List, Grocery List & Recipes
9. Baby Connect – This app was the most helpful when I had my daughter. It keeps track of everything you could imagine that you need to know when taking care of your newborn. It features reports, charts, and allows you to exchange the information with your spouse, babysitter or daycare wherever they are.
Get it for IOS – Baby Connect (Activity Logger) – Seacloud Software LLC
Get it for Android – Baby Connect
10. Grocery iQ – With this app you can build your grocery list from their product database with text, bar code, or even voice search.
Get it for IOS – Grocery iQ – Coupons.com
Get it for Android – Grocery iQ
11. Parenting Ages & Stages – The Zumobi Network – Features parenting guides from newborn through the school years, and provides the most targeted information on child development and parenting milestones. A parenting must have!
Get it for IOS – Parenting Ages & Stages – The Zumobi Network
Get it for Android – Parenting Ages & Stages
12. Mint– Mint automatically pulls together your bank and credit card date to provide you with accurate views of your finance.
Get it for IOS – Mint Personal Finance – Mint.com
Get it for Android – Mint
13. Checkout 51 – Grocery coupons and deals – Checkout 51 – Another easy rebate app like the one I mentioned above. Upload your receipt to recieve cash back on items you purchase regularly! An easy way to save on your groceries!
Get it for IOS – Checkout 51 – Grocery coupons and deals – Checkout 51
Get it for Android – Checkout 51
14. Allrecipes.com Dinner Spinner – I cannot say enough great things about this app. The database is huge and the recipes I’ve tried from here are always a hit. With this app you’ll have access to all of the member shared recipes!
Get it for Android – Allrecipes.com Dinner Spinner
Get it for IOS – Allrecipes Dinner Spinner – All Recipes, Inc.
15. Photobucket Mobile – I am constantly taking pictures of my kids, you can never have enough! But I always make sure that my photos are backed up on an external hard drive and for when I’m on mobile my photobucket app is a great tool for that. You can instantly upload all of your mobile images and access it anywhere you go!
Get it for IOS – Photobucket – Photobucket.com
Get it for Android – Photobucket Mobile
16. Cozi Family Organizer – Keep your family on track with this great organizer that your family and you can share. This is great for remembering all of those appoitnments!
Get it for IOS – Cozi Family Organizer: Calendar, Shopping, To Do Lists – Cozi
Get it for Android – Cozi Family Organizer
What are some of your favorite apps?
You may also like: