Apple Scented Play Dough Recipe
This post contains affiliate links. Please see my disclosure policy.
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup salt
2 Tablespoons cream of tartar
1 cup water
1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
3-4 drops red soap colorant
1 teaspoon apple flavoring
1. In a mixing bowl, whisk the flour, salt and cream of tartar to blend. Set aside.
2. In a large saucepan, add the water, oil, apple flavoring and red colorant. Stir to mix well.
3. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until a stiff ball of dough forms (about 2 minutes). Remove from heat.
4. Lay your ball of playdough out on a level surface and knead for about 5 minutes or until the dough is soft and pliable. Enjoy the sweet, crisp aroma of apple!
5. This apple-scented playdough will give your kids hours of creative fun play as they shape the playdough into apples, apple pie, etc.
*Store your apple-scented playdough in Ziploc bags or an airtight container for up to 3 months.
And don’t forget to follow I Heart Arts n Crafts on Facebook and Pinterest! And if you decide to make any of my crafts, please share them on my Facebook page or use #iheartartsncrafts on Instagram for me to see!
Pin it to save for later: