Hello! First off I’d like to introduce myself. I’m Jackie’s younger brother, Sean, and fellow blogger. I have had many websites that I personally owned or at least offered support for and not to toot my own horn, but I’ve got quite a vast knowledge of various internet marketing techniques along with a good bit of experience on how to properly monetize a blog in order to make the most money out of it. Since I’ve been helping my sister out a lot lately I have had the chance to explore more into marketing “mommy” blogs or other similar niches like crafting or recipe blogs. But while exploring into this area I noticed a lot of blogs in these niches don’t utilize a lot of various marketing and monetizing techniques so I figured I would offer some help with a weekly blog series where I will cover various topics that can help you get noticed along with how to get the most money out of your blog.
Today I wanted to cover something pretty basic that I noticed a lot of bloggers who try and utilize Pinterest forget about and that would be how to make Rich Pins for your posts instead of those bland, boring, and generic looking pins. Not only are Rich Pins more attractive but they make your pins stand out more than the regular pins that are overflowing on Pinterest. Also if your planning on selling products or providing recipes, Rich Pins can be even more beneficial. Just look at the image below that shows how a recipe is displayed as a Rich Pin compared to a regular pin.
Setting up your Rich Pins may seem like it would be rather time consuming and confusing but it is actually pretty simple especially if your already using the Blogging platforms WordPress or Blogger. First I want to show you how to make Rich Pins for your WordPress blog. If you have any questions or need any help feel free to comment and I’ll try my hardest to help out!
How to make Rich Pins for you’r WordPress blog
1. Your first step is going to be installing the plugin, WordPress SEO, you can also use the plugin, All in one SEO, but for this guide I will be using WordPress SEO.
2. After installing WordPress SEO, access the Social tab in the new SEO section on the left hand side. (Look at the picture below for help)
3. Now just make sure the “Add Open Graph meta data” is checked.
4. Lastly just head here and validate your Rich Pins (make sure all the information is coming up correctly) and if everything looks good just hit apply!
How to make Rich Pins for you’r Blogger blog
1. When you’re on you’r Blogger dashboard navigate to Search Preferences in the Settings section.
2. Enable “Description” under the Meta Tags section in Search Preferences. This is so you can add the search description for each of you’r blog posts every time you make a new one or want to edit a previous post’s search description (this will show up on you’r Rich Pins).
<b:includable id=’post’ var=’post’>
5. Now just add in the code given below, right after the code you found (shown in previous step). Also after adding in the code change the word “Technology” in the code given below to whatever you’r blog covers, such as Recipes.
<meta expr:content=’data:post.title’ property=’og:title’/>
<meta expr:content=’data:blog.metaDescription’ property=’og:description’/>
<meta content=’article’ property=’og:type’/>
<meta expr:content=’data:blog.url’ property=’og:url’/>
<meta expr:content=’data:blog.title’ property=’og:site_name’/>
<meta expr:content=’data:post.timestampISO8601′ property=’article:published_time’/>
<meta content=’Technology’ property=’article:section’/>
<b:loop values=’data:post.labels’ var=’label’>
<meta expr:content=’data:label.name’ property=’article:tag’/>
6. Finally just head here and validate your Rich Pins (make sure all the information is coming up correctly) and if everything looks good just hit apply!